Tuesday, November 24, 2015


It is not enough to be called a Christian.  As this distinction requires a lot of responsibility.  Unfortunately, some turn their backs on the responsibilities of being a Christian.  Unfortunate still is that I am one of those who neglected the duties.  But things are looking up even for those who forgot what it means to follow Christ.

In a half-hearted yes, I agreed to attend the Christian Life Program in our parish.  I did not have the courage to bluntly say no to my wife as she really wanted to attend.  And when the time for the first meeting drew nearer, I became a little more uncomfortable.  But I said yes.

For the past several weeks we have been attending and learning what it means to be Christians.  Wow, it is a lot of work and a lot of sacrifices. Who knew it took so much to be called a follower of Christ?

Call it epiphany or just some sense knocked into me, I begun seeing myself a little more open to the spiritual side of life.  Moreover, attending the meetings gave me some comfort.  I eventually looked forward to attending instead of just watching TV -and Saturday night TV is usually great.

I suppose this is a start of something even more beautiful.  Better late than never.  And when I look back, I am glad that I gave that half-hearted yes to attend the Christian Life Program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment