Sunday, December 7, 2014

"I promise, I'll love you until the day after FOREVER" Ever bothered to ask yourself if there really is a "forever"? Meeting someone who'd make you smile or laugh till' your tummy aches doesn't mean that he/she's already your better half. I'm a fifteen year old girl, and at the moment, I still don't know what it is to have a "forever" commitment with any guy. Let me share with you a short "forever" promise of mine with a friend that lead to a dreadful ending...


It all began on the sunny Monday morning of October 14, 2013. Semestral break's just around the corner, and everyone's excited but here I am murmuring to myself the words "I'll miss bae", Let me tell you a little secret.. I've got this giddy feeling whenever we talk about the batch' heartthrob, aka.. my crush. "OMG!" three letters put together that make no sense at all, but explain what I'm feeling. Although, he has that special place in my heart and an ample spot in my routine as my better half, he's still my bestfriend.

   
He being my bestfriend has made it so much comfortable to stick around with him. One of the best parts of our friendship is the fact that I can be who I am when I'm with him. No hesitations, no limitations, no rules needed to be followed, just being with him is the key to a better day. One day, he stood up to me and said "I like you". Every girl knows that more than just being words, it's a blessing to have someone you like, like you back in return. So, we promised each other that I'd be his forever, and he'd be mine.

I thought, it would be the start of a better chapter in the book of our friendship, but everything we worked for over the years went to waste. He got really sensitive when it comes to picking my guy friends. At the same time, I eventually felt jealous when we talk about other girls. Our fights became really massive. There also comes a time when I just wish I were contented with the kind of relationship we used to have, being friends.

And so, from this day forward, I don't believe in forever. Forever's useless if you don't enjoy the person who you're spending it with. I don't care if I need to surrender any material object, I want my bestfriend back.

I no longer believe in FOREVER, I just want him to feel what it's like to be ecstatic with me in our "happily ever after"


1 comments:

  1. Forever is however long you want it to be. It can be as long as a lifetime or as quick as getting Brazilian wax. Believe me, it was a short but painful forever.

    ReplyDelete