Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Durian is not for everyone.  Either you like it or you don't - it/s that simple.  Earlier today a neighbor of ours gave us a durian pai and I love it.  I actually ate a quarter of it in just one go.  And I'm stopping myself from finishing the whole thing.

I've tasted different variations of this famous (infamous) fruit from candies, to ice cream.  And now It is my first time to eat it as a pie.  Although it is not as pungent as the fruit, it still is undoubtedly the fruit many love and hate. The sweet and creamy texture of the pie thanks to sugar and milk helps tone done the very strong scent and taste of the fruit.  The crust also helps balance the strong flavor.  I suppose ample care was done to balance al the flavors and textures.

Thank you ate Girlie for the surprise from Mindanao.  I can personally attest to having enjoyed it.

So the verdict is in:  Durian pie is a yum for me.  How about you have you tried Durian?  Are you one of those who love it or hate it?  If you do, then Durian pie is probably a good way to enjoy this fruit.  Otherwise, you'd just stick to the good 'l apple pie or something less exotic than this one.

Happy eats everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment