Thursday, December 3, 2015

Recently, my daughter promised to kiss me 100 times.  And surprisingly she actually pecked my cheek 100 times.  What is even more fascinating is that she told me that 100 kisses were not enough to show how much she loves me.  In spite of the aching face muscles from puckering for 100 times, she started to kiss my cheeks again.  Of course I can not in good conscience let my daughter go through that arduous exercise of showing her love through kissing.  But I knew that she loves me even without the kiss.

What started out as a review on counting turned out to be a lesson on love.  It is just wonderful when children show their love to their parents.  And a kiss can truly be special.

Children have a funny way of showing their love.  What seems ridiculous to adults is actually their sincere way of showing their affection.  And in the simplest of gestures, true love seems to echo out.  So, the next time you kiss your child, do it lovingly.  For them, the simplest of gestures are the greatest reflection of love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment