Saturday, January 2, 2016


One of the most valuable decisions I made was done with a unenthusiastic attitude.  Never at that time did I realize how crucial this decision was.  In fact, I had a litany of excuses not to attend due to misconceptions.  These misconceptions on the Christian Life Program may be at the back of your mind as well.  They sure were when I said yes to sign up for the CLP talks.  Allow me to put into words what several of us may not say out loud.  Likewise, allow me to dispel these misconceptions and put your mind at ease.

1. The Christian Life Program will take so much of your time

How much time do you spend online or watching telenovelas?  I spend way too much more time online and playing COK compared to the time I spent in the CLP talks.  And yes there were times when I wished I had my iPad and pocket WiFi with me to check things online.  For a number of people, 12 sessions may seem too much.  However, every minute is worth it.  This is the best investment of your time.  Although that may sound like a cheap invitation to a multi-level marketing nevertheless it is true.  The lessons and revelations that you will unravel are insightful. 

We only have a finite number of minutes on earth.  The two hours a week for the next 12 weeks is nothing compared to what may come in the next eternity or so.  Cumulatively it is just 24 hours.  This 24 hours of your life will be the wisest use of your time. 

2. You need to raise your hands like a crazy person while singing

Yes, I understand this one.  I’ve seen people jump up and down, toss their hands in the air and shout out like crazy in the middle of a song.  And I am referring to concerts of celebrities.  And don’t get me started with teen idols having a meet and greet in malls.  When we cannot contain our emotions and enthusiasm, we shout to our heart’s content.  I suppose it is human to just put our hands up in the air and wave them like we do not care.  This is the same with praise and worship songs.  Of course everyone is allowed to let their emotions and appreciation while worshiping God.  If fans swoon at the sight of Piolo Pascual or Coco Martin, that is natural.  On the other hand we simply acknowledge God’s power by worshiping and praising Him this way.  And yes, participants are not forced to do this.  Let the Lord show you how to head bang to His playlist. 

3. It will cost

The Christian Life Program is given for FREE!  And for completing the CLP attendees will receive a free guide to being a Christian.  But wait, the CLP has more!  Let the CLP service team your guide to reawaken the Holy Spirit.  All these and more for the low, low price of ..wait it’s free!  It sounds like an infomercial…anything to get you interested!

In the twelve sessions that my wife and I attended, we did not spend a peso.  In fact, the participants had free food!  That was a real treat.  And at the end, we even received free stuff. However, the real take away is our renewed commitment to being God’s Children.  For spending nothing, joining the Christian Life Program is the best deal we ever took.  Yup, it is better than the Metrodeal, Cash Cash Pinoy and Lazada deals from online stores. 

4. Getting new CLP participants is Mandatory

Let me put it simply – the CLP is not a multi-level marketing or networking scheme that requires participants to invite attendees to earn something.  Instead, it focuses on you and establishing a stronger relationship with God.  There are no quotas of attendees required to fill up.  The focus is on participants taking that step towards a true Christian Life.

Jesus asked Peter to become fishers of men and he IMMEDIATELY left his net and followed Jesus.  Sure, there are no nets or fishing boats around here.  But Jesus is real and he is knocking at your heart’s door.  He is focusing on you now without anything in return.  Just open up your heart and let Him in. 

5. It is not your priority at the moment

It does not matter how old you are as long as you answer God's call.
This is probably at the top of everyone’s reason for not attending the Christian Life Program.  As it turns out, a lot of us are focused on our mortal life.  This is not detestable.  After all, we need to pay the bills, cook dinner, and watch John Loyd Cruz.  What may seem significant for one may seem mundane for another.  But here is the reality of things, in the grander scheme of thing, your meal now may not matter when death comes.  Making a fuss on how Steve Harvey mixed up the 2015 Miss Universe announcement becomes unimportant when we meet our Maker.  All that matters is if we lived a life based on God’s will.  Taking care of the present is essential.  However, ensuring your eternal place in God’s love is a profound and critical undertaking.  After all, eternity is an exceptionally long time.


6. I am embarrassed that my friends will know


I can understand this.  Back in highs school a few of my friends would laugh at those who join such communities.  We even mocked the way they worshiped and prayed.  We did this for we were ignorant and foolish. 

We are lucky that we can praise and worship God without persecution.  Still, in several parts of the world, Christians are still persecute and made fun of.  What is accepted in different countries and regions vary.  However, one thing remains constant, God Loves us and He is simply waiting for us to follow Him. 

Do not be afraid what others may think.  If they think negatively regarding this, then it is probably right to join so that you can help them see the truth concerning God’s love. 

I am sure there other reasons for not wanting to join the CLP.  I am not here to say these reasons are wrong or right.  Rather, I am here to share the misconceptions I had concerning the Christian Life Programs.  And just like others, I had my reservations and doubts.  Then again, I am glad I took that first step and attended the first meeting.  Otherwise, I won’t be here dispelling these misconceptions regarding the Christian Life Program.  And perhaps you will open your heart to God’s invitation.



 Check your parish for information on the Christian Life Program

0 comments:

Post a Comment