Sunday, December 14, 2014



One of the most common faults I find in the corporate world is the lack of accountability.  As much as I want to say that this is limited to a certain position in a company it is not.  I am unfortunate enough to have worked with and have worked under people who lack accountability.

One thing is clear, this undesirable trait can pull companies down, strain relationships and ruin lives.  I've seen great companies slowly dwindle into a pathetic heap of organization because of people who fail to acknowledge their responsibilities.  Likewise, I have seen companies lose millions because of this dismal behavior.  Also, I've seen demoralized and disgruntled employees because of the same annoying habit.

Being accountable shows strength of character especially during situations that are less than favorable for the person.  In addition, being accountable ensures that the organization is run by matured and qualified people who will strive to work for the organization's interest.  Not all are willing to be accountable and responsible. Are you one of them?


Note: The image above is free to use and distribute

0 comments:

Post a Comment