Monday, January 12, 2015


I have met a lot of people and not all of them have become really close to me.  It is nice to have people around to help you and have fun.  But you can count on true friends to stick around when the situation is dire.  And I have my share of great friends who continue to provide support even when things go bad.

True friends are quite hard to come by.  People in our lives come and go.  Those who stick longer in spite of the dismal situations are those worth keeping forever.  I remember a very close friend of mine who called me when her mom died.  Her family was leaving abroad when the her mom passed away.  As much as I wanted to fly over to her I could not.  In stead we stay on the phone the whole night just talking.  Although there were dead silence in between, We kept the phone to our ears because we know the other person is at the other line.  Jennifer has her own family now and still lives far from where I stay.  We rarely get to talk nowadays.  But it was a surprise when word got to her that I had to get a CT Scan to rule out a Tumor in my brain. She communicated with me to reassure me that everything was going to be OK.  And it did.

In spite of the long lull in our communication we continue to remain friends - the best of friends.  And I know that she is there when I need her.

Even in silence we can communicate so much with true friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment