Thursday, January 8, 2015


I've listened to many health and fitness ideas since I was young.  Some of which I believed because someone who is supposedly more knowledgeable told me so.  But now that I am able to verify information through the internet and other experts, I've become more aware of what is real and what is not.

I remember people telling me that if I started lifting weights it will stunt my growth.  So obviously I did not lift weights.  I'm still short in spite refusing to lift weights when I was younger.  I should probably put more trust on genetics than my friend back in high school.

There was this person who told me to eat peanut butter right before going to the gym.  It was supposed to provide me the extra energy for the workout.  The guy usually eats half a jar before working out.  He grew muscles.  But he eventually developed diabetes.

During a judo training, one member suggested that we should not drink water so that our bodies will not crave for it during competitions.  Of course I did not follow that suggestion.  The rest were nauseated within several hours of the training.

Some people just have weird ideas about health and fitness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment