Sunday, January 4, 2015



Several months back we complained to one of the neighborhood officers that people are throwing their trash at our fence.  More than just an eyesore, it is a health concern.  But in spite of the complaints, nothing was done. However, one morning, when neighbors were piling their trash in front of our gate and dumping them near our fence I had to do something.

After confronting the people, the baranggay treasurer told my wife and I that he will put up a sign so that people will not throw their trash there.  But the trash had to be cleared first.  I told him that he had to get people who threw the trash to clear it out.  But he said no one will do that.  He even told me that the personnel from the baranggay office are not available.   Instead of waiting for help that was not going to come, I told him that I will clear the trash.  In return he will make sure to put up a sign to prevent people from throwing their trash in front of the property.  He will do his best to resolve the problem.

And guess what, I got a pathetic sign and that was his supposedly best.  Obviously doing one;s best is not always a guarantee for quality.  Just in case you are wondering, the property is in Baranggay Pasong Putik Proper in Novaliches, Quezon City.

If this is his best, I'm scared to know what he does on an ordinary day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment