Saturday, January 3, 2015



Are you familiar with the little biscuits topped with colored sugar called Ice Gems?  I remember growing up as a kid and eating hundreds of these little delights.

Recently, my wife bought a large pack of these treats and it took me down memory lane.  I remember eating these little biscuits back in the early grades.  And as an avid ice gem eater, you'd know that the best way to eat them is to bite off the colored toppings firsts.  An equally fun way to eat ice gems is to start with the biscuits first and pile up the sugary goodness and munch them up in one go.  Of course the eating strategy depends on the person.  But regardless how you eat them, you'll surely enjoy it.

Yes, it is a lot of sugar if you think of eating hundreds of them in one sitting.  But it is a lot of fun.  I suppose our generation was not informed much about proper dieting, but we turned out alright - expect for the high diabetes and obesity rate.

But in spite of the ghastly possibilities of eating extra sugars, I enjoyed my stroll down memory lane with these little treats.

0 comments:

Post a Comment