Monday, January 5, 2015


I've never been a great basketball player.  Perhaps it's the lack of interest in the sport.  Or perhaps it is the lack of height required to be asked to join a team.  I suppose it is the height.  However, like any other team sports, basketball intrigues me.  Not just because it requires members working fluidly as one but because of the commitment required from each player.

I've been in numerous teams in my life.  Whether it is on a competition or a corporate project, teams require solidarity.  Of course I never always agree with everyone on the team.  But when a decision is made, I stick to it and fight for it.

This commitment asked from the team members is paramount to the success of the organization.  When one falters, the whole structure collapses.  When every person assumes his role and undertakes his duties, it is symphony playing in harmony.  No matter how good the team may be, it all boils down to the commitment of every person to take responsibility.  Great teams are made great by exemplary individuals working as one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment